Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Zentangle Ensemble


Zentangle Ensemble, 2009
Pelikan Techno-liners on Strathmore Bristol Vellum,
10 1/2" x 10 1/2"

This began as a 10.5" x 10.5" piece of Bristol paper. I drew the basic Zentangle design then cut the paper into 3.5" x 3.5" squares. I drew my patterns and then reassembled the piece. Some people say creating Zentangle drawings is addictive, and I understand that feeling.
I want to twist this art form into a piece with a common theme. I realize that this lessens the surprise result, but I think that a theme could increase the symbolism.
I'm thinking Zentangles would make great Artist Trading Cards.
I need to get back to the easel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning.

Your work is inspiring!

K Gaskin said...

Thanks so much.