Monday, October 5, 2015

Pillow

 Plaid Sample Pillow


Front

Our rug hooking teacher asked us to hook a 2.5" x 2.5" square sample of a different plaid each week. This exercise helped us to see what each plaid would look like when hooked.  My choice was to hook each plaid in a square starting at the outside and moving to the middle. The plaid square would not look the same if I'd hooked in lines or hooked randomly (this might be a good idea for a couple samples - just for me to see the potential).  We also worked in a little practice in hooking stars and flowers.  I didn't want the mat to just sit in a draw, so I made a pillow. The strips on the outside were hooked using the proddy tool (July 18th entry).  The tool proved easy to use and made pulling the inch wide strips through the linen very easy on my hands.



No comments: