Friday, February 6, 2015

Hooking Challenge


Year End Challenge, 2015

As in past years, our ATHA group has a year end challenge to be completed by our June meeting.  This pattern was drawn by me and members can use it in any fiber. Some members work up designs as penny rugs, in Russian needle punch, applique, quilting, or felting. The pattern was designed to fit one piece of printer paper for easy reproduction, but members are encouraged to use it in any size.  They can enlarge the pattern, make the pattern smaller, or add extra elements on or around the chicken. I always look forward to how other fiber artists interpret the same pattern as there is no limit to their creativity.
I've transferred the pattern to linen at it's original size, added some extra elements, and hooked the chicken.  I haven't decided yet what to do in the background.  I'm not sure if I want it to be simple or add a landscape.  I need to look at it for a while.  If I'm stumped as how to finish a piece, I'll live with it for a while, putting it where I can see it as I walk by, and an idea will come.  I just need to step back.

No comments: