Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mola Mat



Mola Mat, 2013
Wool strips on backing, 10" x 10"

Our ATHA (Association of Traditional Hooking Artists) chapter chooses a project during the year to complete and share at our last meeting in June (We don't hold meetings July-August). I was fortunate to have the opportunity to create the designs that we would use.  Members could choose any one of four designs and complete it in any fiber. This Mola was one of the designs I created for member use.  
The mat on the top was hooked by Joellen, and mine is on the bottom.  We both hooked our pieces in wool strips, and, as you can see, our color palettes are very different. As I drew the original design, I had a vague idea of how I would finish the piece, but it was exciting and rewarding to see how other artists interpreted the design. I love Joellen's mat, especially her color choice.
I will continue to post the other designs and projects. 

No comments: