Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Needle Felting

Recent Class

Lyn Slade is a needle felting artist, and I was fortunate to take a class with her.  We sculpted wool roving into a three-dimensional owl.  Lyn provided a kit with all the equipment and materials we needed, and her instruction was easy to follow and was thorough.  It was a fun time.
Lyn has also written a book that is a wonderful resource: Creative Needle Felting: Wool Art with a Painterly Style.


I came across another needle felting artist, Juliana Boyd. She was selling her work at the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton, MA over the holiday weekend.  Due to the weather, my trip to the Festival didn't happen, so I checked out her work online.  She creates incredible two-dimentional pieces.  I'm hoping her work will be in the Marlboro (MA) Festival in November.

No comments: